giovedì 17 maggio 2007

Un nuovo gnomo

Lunare 21 migratorio 650 A.C.

I woke up in a big room with lots of strange smells.. Incense and other spicy expensive perfumes. Amandil, Ilirn and the woman where there smiling and me, and almost laughing. Some other gray monks where there.. All was colored and confusing.. The little gnome seemed the excited about the situation. As I tried to stand up very slowly, they started filling me up with questions.. When my turn came, i discovered I had died by Blasthas' green hands, and the pity monks had reincarnated me (i guess for a generous offer to the overwhelming Heironeus). Reincarnated? I suddenly looked around concerned, and i discovered my own body on another stand.. Oh no again.. What the hell have I become this time? I moved my legs and arms around and I discovered I was still very little.. From the large smile on Ilirn face I guessed the truth.. Gnome.. Me a gnome?

After a great effort in standing up, we decide to go home and keep my old body (You never know what can come useful in the future..). My companions inform me on the new events in the city: their ride the other night, and the "prisoner's" confessions. I listen but I don't care much. This city is too dangerous for me. I think I'd go back to Dunfold and work on the Maniero and on the Bar. I could teach something to little Tim and bring lot of money in our household safe.

I'm more interested in what Ilirn teaches me: with my own two tiny gnome hands, even if they're not as fast as my former ones, i can make some magic stuff! That's incredible: light, sounds, little tricks..But for limited times a day..

I choose a name for my last few days in this city: i will be David Garrick, Ilirn cousin.. oh hell.. I'll need to learn a new language.. Hope this gnomish sound better than halfling..

We pass the day helping Amandil dressing up: he wants to wear the Figli della Notte uniform, but it's so hot to touch.. With gloves and special tools we are able to dress him up, and he starts wondering around the city doing crazy things. I keep far from him, more concluded to leave the city as soon as possible.

Ilirn persuades me to make an exploration into a room. They recovered my body and put me back here, so it's seems it's my duty to help.. Moreover, all has been paid with the common money..

I'm not sure whose house this should be, they say it's Dartos..but I know the plan: Amandil, still dresses, would bring a woman out, and me and Ilirn would make a full search in the meanwhile. But when Amandil approaches the house to ask the woman out with all his authority(??), we discover that a man is inside too and that this isn't likely to be the real house of Dartos.

A more interesting trip leads us to the headquarters of my guild. There we receive a good payment for yesterday's work: 400 coins and promises of new tasks to come. At home, they remember they left a wooden box found in the criminals house.. It's very nice indeed: 300 golden coins, and two worthy gems.. And all goes in my pocket as common cash..Hmm I think that managing the Maniero a similar sum will be difficult to earn..

We come back home for lunch, and the bell rings..Our over blond Ruvax has some news?

Nessun commento: